Previously I worked as ML engineer for companies like Microsoft, Autodesk, Brave and co-run my own startup Filisia, a company specialized in special-education technology.
My research focuses on designing complex intelligent systems covering learning and planning under uncertainty. My work is inspired by cognitive science (e.g. theory of mind), philosophy (Heidegger, Lacan, Bayes, Wittgenstein, David Lewis), biology (Maturana's theory of Living Systems, emergent complexity and liquid brain systems) but also information theory and statistical mechanics (free energy principle in control).
My research finds application on domains like autonomous driving, a multi-agent problem where uncertainty and faulty decision making can be fatal, or architecture, where planning and control is applied in multiple scales (from ambient intelligence to urban planning).
- 2018 - 2019 Machine Learning Researcher (Privacy-Preserving ML) - Brave Research
- 2017 - 2018 Senior Software / ML Engineer - Autodesk Research (Project Dreamcatcher)
- 2016 - 2017 CTO - Filisia Interfaces
- 2012 - 2015 Software Development Engineer II - Microsoft
- 2011 - 2012 Software Developer - Buyometrics
Teaching / Workshops
- Feb 2018 UCL Bartlett school of Architecture - Machine Learning / AI Tutor
- Jan 2017 University of Hertfordshire - Introduction to Arduino: Build a self-driving car
Exhibitions / Talks / Work Appeared
- Jan 2018 Research Values - panel talk, Transmediale, Berlin
- Jan 2016 Filisia Interfaces, Bett Show, London
- Oct 2015 Down To Earth, 66th International Astronautical Congress, Jerusalem
- Aug 2015 Voice Booth, Institute of Contemporary Art, Miami
- Mar 2015 Parallel Chance, FutureFest, London
- Mar 2015 Parallel Chance, Tomorrows Transaction forum , London
- Sep 2014 Cave of Sounds, 90db Festival, Rome
- Mar 2014 Voice Booth, SXSW (South by Southwest) 2014 Interactive Awards, Austin, Texas
- Apr 2014 Down To Earth, International Space Apps Challenge led by NASA, Dana Center, London.
- Nov 2013 Cave of Sounds, Watermans’ Digital Art & Performance Weekender, London
- Sep 2013 Cave of Sounds, V&A, Digital Design Weekend, part of London Design Festival
- Aug 2013 Cave of Sounds, Hack the Barbican, London
- Apr 2013 International Space Apps Challenge led by NASA, Google Campus, London