I'm Panagiotis (pronounced panayiotis), a software engineer & data scientist with 5 years experience in Large Scale Machine Learning Systems. I'm currently working at Filisia Interfaces, a startup with a mission to create technology that supports the rehabilitation of people with additional needs through adaptive sensory interfaces and data insights. I past time I worked for Bing Search Engine, experimenting and developing on the contextual ranking and personalization layer, writing infrastructure code and data mining / machine learning pipelines.
I have an MSc (distinction) from University of Bristol on Machine Learning and Data Mining. My main research focused on how machines can improvise music and be creative. If you are interested, you can read about it here. I got my BSc in Computer Science from CS Department of University of Ioannina.
In past time I got involved with Voice Booth, finalist of SXSW 2014, Cave Of Sounds, exhibited in Barbican and Victoria & Albert Museum, Down To Eath, finalist for NASA Space App Challenge 2014 and ScoreAHit.
You can also check my CV [last updated Jan 2017].
exhibitions / work appeared
- Oct 2015 Down To Earth, 66th International Astronautical Congress, Jerusalem
- Aug 2015 Voice Booth, Institute of Contemporary Art, Miami
- Mar 2015 Parallel Chance, FutureFest, London
- Mar 2015 Parallel Chance, Tomorrows Transaction forum , London
- Sep 2014 Cave of Sounds, 90db Festival, Rome
- Mar 2014 Voice Booth, SXSW (South by Southwest) 2014 Interactive Awards, Austin, Texas
- Apr 2014 Down To Earth, International Space Apps Challenge led by NASA, Dana Center, London.
- Nov 2013 Cave of Sounds, Watermans' Digital Art & Performance Weekender, London
- Sep 2013 Cave of Sounds, V&A, Digital Design Weekend, part of London Design Festival
- Aug 2013 Cave of Sounds, Hack the Barbican, London
- Apr 2013 International Space Apps Challenge led by NASA, Google Campus, London