FilisiaEdTech/IoT startup company that works in the intersection of learning, design and the arts.
Cosmo - Accessible interfaces used in learning and therapy
Cosmo is an award-winning system that changes the way that early years learners and young people with SEN train their physical, cognitive and communication skills. The software helps train specific cognitive, communication and motor skills through games and musical expression. Therapists and educators can select among a variety of interactions that train socialisation, logical reasoning, exergaming, memory and turn taking skills among others. Cosmo collects and reports data of users’ abilities, offering a comprehensive data driven approach to therapy. Cosmo has been co-designed with 200+ special educators, therapists, students and parents.
Cosmo entered the market in October 2016. It is currently in 20 countries and 500 schools, hospitals and therapy centers improving the learning and access of 5000+ students with Special Education Needs.
Awards & Distinctions
- Best ICT for Special Education, BETT Awards, 2017
- Best Health and Social Care Technology by IoTUK Boost, Digital Catapult and Cambridge Wireless in the UK, 2016
- Emerge Education Accelerator Alumni, 2016
- Tech For Good Award Finalists by BT and AbilityNet, 2016
- Clinton Global Initiative University Fellows, 2014-2015
- Winners of the Social Innovation Tournament, European Investment Bank, 2014
- Social Impact Award Winners by the Impact Hub Greece, 2014
- Innovation in Access to Healthcare, Ashoka Changemakers, 2014
- Sirius Programme Alumni, UK Trade and Investment, 2014
- University of Birmingham, School of Education
- Goldsmiths University of London, “Music, Mind and the Brain”
- UK Trade and Investment
In the press
Huffington Post, Forbes